As is the case with many things, sometimes I have a solution for a problem that sounds great in theory, but I have no idea how it works in practice. The goal of this page is to track these ideas, and document whether I meet success or failure in these endeavors.
A list of projects:
- Android Development
- Running the Android SDK on FreeBSD
- Running the Android SDK on OpenBSD
- Mobile Connectivity: Internet on The Road
- A software daemon to capture new storage device detection messages from the kernel and mount the filesystems automatically.
- Policy and procedures for tracking uptime of my systems
- Samba + ZFS + ACLs
- trac + Active Directory authentication
A list of defunct projects:
- Plugins for “mobile” accessibility to this site. Cancelled because newer wordpress has mobile layouts built in.
- Kerberos + LDAP. Cancelled because ultimately, it became more trouble to run Kerberos + LDAP than it did to run Samba in ADC mode and just run Active Directory.
- PAM Authentication against Active Directory on XenServer 5.x. I never got around to trying this before moving to XenServer 6.x which had built-in AD support.
- OpenNMS (cancelled. OpenNMS is written in Java, which I’d rather avoid for now.)
- Zenoss. I tried it for a while but it ran slow and was very bulky to configure. I ended up running Nagios.