As is the case with many things, sometimes I have a solution for a problem that sounds great in theory, but I have no idea how it works in practice. The goal of this page is to track these ideas, and document whether I meet success or failure in these endeavors.
A list of things that I’d like to proof-of-concept or come up with procedures for, just because I can:
- PAM Authentication against Active Directory on XenServer 5.x
- Migrating trac from SQLite to Postgres
- Clustering trac services
- trac + svn + Active Directory authentication
- OpenNMS (cancelled. OpenNMS is written in Java, which I’d rather avoid for now.)
A list of other projects:
- Android Development
- Running the Android SDK on FreeBSD
- Running the Android SDK on OpenBSD
- Mobile Connectivity: Internet on The Road
- A software daemon to capture new storage device detection messages from the kernel and mount the filesystems automatically.
- Policy and procedures for tracking uptime of my systems
Plugins for “mobile” accessibility to this site.
- Kerberos + LDAP
- Samba + ZFS + ACLs